The National Institute for Smart Government (NISG) is inviting applications for the post of Assistant Manager Legal, UIDAI based in Hyderabad.
National Institute for Smart Government is a not-for-profit company set up in 2002 by the Government of India on the Public-Private-Partnership model with the Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology as its Chairman. NISG has been at the forefront of e-governance initiatives in India.
About the Opportunity
Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Manager Legal at the UIDAI, Hyderabad.
No. of Vacancies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in formulating UIDAI laws, rules and regulations.
- Interact with Advocates/Law firms for handling UIDAI cases.
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents. Also, render advice for planning the strategies and procedures to be followed in various projects/cases.
- Update information on various court cases where UIDAI is a respondent.
- Follow up on various court cases along with end-to-end monitoring and reporting.
- Drafting and executing a memorandum of understanding with appointed Registrars.
- Examining various contracts entered into by the UIDAI including drafting the Contracts with new vendors and all matters arising out of it.
- Drafting replies to legal cases and monitoring and pursuing court cases by interacting and assisting the UIDAI Counsel.
- Assistance in drafting Legal notices/ replies
- Work collaboratively with a team of staff performing similar tasks across other service areas to ensure consistency in approach and Quality of work. Provide in-house advisory guidance for the establishment of best practices within the Legal Framework of the organization so as to secure and safeguard the interest of UIDAI.
- Render legal opinion, advising on pre-emptive legal action and suggesting the appropriate resources.
- Drafting, vetting, standardizing and closing all types of agreements, and documents.
- Monitor contracts for various compliance.
- Advise may be provided to the complainant officers on every stage of the cases as they are not well acquainted with investigations.
- The complainant officers are required to be advised as to what to be stated before IO and the trial court during the course of the examination.
- Preliminary examination of the complaints received for violations of the provisions contained in Chapters VI & VII of the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
- After preliminary examination will advise the Enforcement Cell in the matter so as to determine a violation of the provisions of the Act.
- Examination of the preliminary enquiry report and on the basis of same, give an opinion, on whether to register an FIR or not under the provisions of the Act.
- Monitor the investigation in progress and draft the prosecution complaint.
- Coordinate with other law enforcement agencies with regard to investigation and brief the senior authority on the development and progress of the investigation.
- Any other matters involving the interpretation of laws/rules/regulations.
- LLB (Regular)
- Minimum 5 years
- Experience in handling legal matters in PSU / Companies / Corporate Houses / Law Firms / Law Research Institutions.
Experience in drafting rules/regulations/responses to legal notices/vetting contracts.
INR 4,00,000 to 9,00,000 per annum.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates must submit their applications online through the link provided towards the end of this post.
November 22, 2022.