BNA is inviting applications from current students & recent graduates of National Law Universities (NLUs) to join a special task force being set up to implement an initiative to groom future Law Scholars from the grassroots of India called the National Law Scholars’ Program.
About NLSP & BNA
National Law Scholars’ Program (NLSP) is a joint initiative of Bharat Navodaya Abhiyan (BNA) and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)- an organization under the Ministry of Education, Government of India- to groom future Law Scholars from the grassroots of India by identifying and supporting selected high school students for admission to undergraduate Law courses in the premier universities in the country, followed by life-long personal and professional development support through mentoring, access to the relevant growth opportunities and professional networks.
BNA- a registered non-partisan civil society network headquartered in New Delhi-is the public-service wing of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas’ alumni network which is a national coalition of over 12 lakhs rural educated Indians. The BNA movement is missioned to enable, encourage and unite students and alumni of over 600+ JNV schools to be the instruments of change for India and the world.
The current NLSP cohort has 30 students who will be appearing in CLAT, AILET & other Law entrance tests in the academic year 2022-23. The selection process for the next Cohort will begin in January 2023.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The proposed task force will closely work with the President of BNA and Government representatives to contribute in strategy and execution of the selection process for the current and next batch of NLSP.
- Selected members of the task force will also serve as personal/ group mentors for the current batch of NLSP.
- The task force will also contribute in the onboarding & orientation of the students (Scholars).
- The Task force will be active from November 1, 2022 until January 31, 2023.
- A minimum of 05 hours per week will be required. Selected members will also have the option of committing to a full-time internship during the task force period or at later date and receive additional credentials & incentives as per the BNA policies in this regard.
Acceptance to the task force will be on a rolling basis based on the profile of the applicants. Apply at the earliest.
- All selected Interns will be required to spend a minimum of 07 days at one of the Residential campuses (Aurangabad, Bengaluru, and New Delhi) to contribute in the furtherance of the mission by participating in an academic/ training activity of their individual choice based on the available vacancy. Each Intern will be allowed to decide their own dates in coordination with the BNA Headquarters as per mutual convenience. All out of the pocket expenses incurred towards any in-person engagements will be reimbursed, as per the BNA policies.
- Except for the 07 days in-person requirement, the internship will run online.
Whereas the ability to teach at least one of the subjects of CLAT syllabus is a mandatory requirement selected Interns may opt to contribute to any other organizational verticals suiting to their skillsets and/or career inclinations like Social Media, Communication, Content writing, audio-visual creatives, PR, Coordination, video-editing, advertising, fundraising, etc.
There is no direct monetary incentive. A certificate co-signed by the BNA and Government representative will be issued upon the completion of the internship tenure successfully. Candidates will also be given preference in future opportunities at BNA.
Please apply by writing an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Application for task force 2022-23’ mentioning the following information:
- Name of the college, current Year/ pass out year, All India Rank in CLAT/ AILET/other entrance tests (please mention all) with year of qualifying.
- How many hours can you devote every week during the internship period between November 1, 2022 to January 31, 2023?
- Why are you a suitable candidate and why are you interested in joining the task force?
Attach your CV/ resume, College identity card, copies of your score sheets (or other proofs)of the Law entrances qualified. Please include any other collaterals that can help strengthen your candidature.
Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
Please write at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries or further details.