Read more about the opportunity to Join Nyaaya’s Pan-India Network of Legal Volunteers and serve from the comfort of virtual volunteering!
About the Organization
Nyaaya is an open access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, reliable and accessible legal information in multiple formats, helping solve day-to-day legal problems so that citizens are aware of their rights and feel empowered to seek justice.
About the Opportunity
The Access to Justice network comprises practicing lawyers, law students, community-based organizations, and legal aid clinics from educational institutions across the country who volunteer with Nyaaya and play an instrumental role in removing barriers to access to justice.
They first launched the Access to Justice network to facilitate a prompt and smooth response to our WhatsApp-based legal helpline (Ask Nyaaya). Since then, the network has evolved into a one-of-a-kind platform for lawyers and law students, and social development professionals to share their work, learnings, and expertise.
Number of Vacancies/Positions
Mode of Volunteering
Virtual and part-time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic Legal Advice
- Answer Legal Questions from Ask Nyaaya Helpline
- Legal Content Creation
- Mentoring junior lawyers
- Pro Bono Litigation Support
- Support in capacity building
- Legal Research
- Blog and Article Writing on specific legal issues
- Creating social media content and video explainers on legal topics
Must be either a law student or a lawyer with experience in Indian law who can volunteer at their convenience
Stipend (If any)
None. This is a pro-bono opportunity
How to Apply?
- If you’re a lawyer who wishes to share your knowledge to help citizens understand their rights better, volunteer with Nyaaya by clicking here. The Network will give you a chance to have an impact in making justice accessible to all without your work and schedules being affected.
- If you’re a law student who wishes to use your classroom learnings to make a difference in the real world, then volunteer with Nyaaya by clicking here. This will give you insights into the judicial process of our country and valuable experience as budding lawyers of tomorrow, under the mentorship of industry experts.
No Deadline. Applications are open throughout the year.
Virtual (candidate can be based out of anywhere)
In case of queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.