Department of Law, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies (MAIMS), under the aegis of IQAC, is organising a Value Added Course on Criminal Law from August 22 to September 9, 2022 in online mode.
About the Organisers
MAIMS was established in 2003 by Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society. The Department of Law was established in 2017 as a unit of the Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies.
About the Course
Department of Law, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies, under the aegis of IQAC in collaboration with Lawctopus and Lawctopus Law school as the Media and Knowledge partners for the course, is organising a Value Added Course on Criminal Law from August 22 to September 9, 2022 in online mode.
The study of criminal law is three-pronged – Substantive law, Procedural Law and Rules of Evidence. This Course will touch upon the various facets of criminal law. Eminent academicians and lawyers will take up particular areas of criminal law and explain them in a manner that is comfortable for the students to grasp and retain.
The Course will give practical insights into criminal law and benefit students in their future academic pursuits and career in litigation. Resource persons include eminent lawyers, stalwart professors from Delhi University, IP University and NLUD, and social media legal educators.
The organizers are inviting the students pursuing B.A.LL.B, B.B.A.LL.B, and LL.M in any stream to register and participate in the value-added course on Criminal Law.
- Mr. Sidharth Luthra, Senior Advocate, Former Additonal Solicitor General (SCI)
- Prof Dr. B T Kaul, Chairperson (R), Delhi Judicial Academy, Celebrated Academician (Delhi University)
- Mr. Mohit Mathur, Eminent Criminal Lawyer
- Mr. Amish Agrawal (AOR), Social Media Educator
- Other resource persons will include Additional Solicitor Generals, Senior Public Prosecutors, and academicians from IP University and NLUD.
Areas to be covered
- Juvenile Justice System – Critical Analysis
- Gender-Based Violence in India
- Murder Versus Culpable Homicide
- Confession: Will it lead to Conviction?
- Bail Jurisprudence India
- Child Abuse Laws in India
- Punishing Inchoate Crimes
- Conviction Under 498A – A Study
- Rights and Safeguards of Arrested / Accused Persons
- Stages of Criminal Trial
- How Far Can You Take the Right of Private Defence?
- Importance of Dying Declaration
- Bargaining for Your Life – Law of Plea Bargaining in India
- Fair Investigation: Sine Qua Non for Fair Trial
- Victimology: An Emerging Discipline
- International Criminal Law & Procedure
- Cross-Examining a Witness: Supreme Skill of a Lawyer
- Restorative Justice: A Burgeoning Theory in India
- Marvels of Forensic Science in Solving Criminal Cases
- Custodial Violence in India: Law & Practice
- Please register for the course through the link given at the end of this post latest by August 20, 2022
- Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis with limited seats!
- Registration Fee:
- For MAIMS Students: INR 300
- For Others: INR 500
- Dates of the Course: August 22 to September 9, 2022
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Time: 4 PM to 5:30 PM
- Mode: Online (Zoom Platform)
Participation Certificates will be provided to students who:
- Attain 70% attendance during the course, and
- Score a minimum 50% in the quiz at the end of the Course
August 20, 2022
In case of queries, contact:
- Ms. Sonali Aggarwal: +91 70428 60645
- Ms. Kashish Khatri: +91 98182 41445