Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law in association with Luthra & Luthra Law Offices is conducting Energy Law Agreement Drafting Competition.
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab was established as a National Law University by a legislative act of the state of Punjab in 2006 in order to fulfil the need for a centre of excellence in legal education.
About Centre for Advanced Studies in Energy Laws
The Centre for Advanced Studies in Energy Laws (CASEL) was established in 2016 with the objective to cater to the need for research in Energy Law, an area of law which is becoming increasingly important and pivotal in the conversations about sustainability and the future.
About Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
Luthra & Luthra Law Offices is a leading full-service law firm. Since its inception in 1990 which coincides with India’s economic liberalization, L&L has assisted numerous multinational corporations to set up their presence in India, and navigate the complex Indian legal system.
About the Competition
The growth of the Energy Sector around the world is unprecedented, more specifically in India. The country with its existing resources and clear goals in place is making great strides towards its aspiration of transforming the energy sector.
With the growth of renewables, the energy efficiency in the country is said to break records. From dedicated policies to private participation to the expanded horizons of Power Purchase Agreements between energy providers and users have led to.
The Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), at the outset, have significant potential as an energy source. The Agreements are said to enhance power from renewable sources and overcome the paucity faced due to the use of traditional funding sources.
Over a period of time, PPA funding has expanded the solar capacity of various companies by ten times. Hence, the progress of such agreements has proven to be a framework of financial stability.
The Competition on the basis of the information seeks to engage with the community of law students in India to promote the art of modern legal drafting, in the less talked about areas of Energy Law. This aims at providing opportunities to the students to initiate research about legal certainties and further the skills of drafting.
The Competition is open to all undergraduate law students enrolled in any recognized educational institution within or outside India.
- Participants may register individually or in a team of two.
- The agreement shall be drafted on the basis of the Problem Statement.
- The agreement shall be drafted in English language only.
- The agreement shall not exceed more than five (5) A4-sized typewritten pages, excluding the cover page and the signature page.
- Five (5) marks shall be deducted as a penalty for each page exceeding the page limit.
- The document containing the agreement shall not reveal the identity of the participants, in any manner whatsoever.
- Soliciting assistance from industry professionals with or without consideration is strictly prohibited.
- Formatting: Font style – Times New Roman, font size – 12, line spacing – 1.5, justified alignment, paragraph spacing – 0 pt. before and after, 1-inch margin on all sides.
- Participants are encouraged to use modern agreement drafting techniques that focus on the use of plain English.
- Submissions shall be made in .doc or .docx format only.
- Submissions shall be made by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Submission for Agreement Drafting Competition: [Team Code]”.
- Clarifications on the Problem Statement shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject.
- Release of Problem Statement: August 8, 2022
- Last date for registration: August 24, 2022
- Last date for seeking clarifications on the Problem Statement: August 28, 2022
- Release of clarifications: August 30, 2022
- Submission deadline: September 25, 2022
- Declaration of Results: October 15, 2022
How to Register?
- Participants shall register themselves for the Competition by submitting the google form.
- Payment shall be made and a screenshot shall be attached to the registration form.
- INR 500/- for Individual Participation
- INR 1000/- for Team Participation
- Winner: Rs. 15000/-
- Runners-up: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Runners up Rs. 7000/
In case of any queries, please contact Aryan Bajaj on +91 79019 12662 OR Prince Agrawal on +91 94607 38697.