Wipro is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the job post of Legal Counsel – US Disputes & Litigation for its Bangalore Office.
Wipro Limited is a leading technology service and consulting company focused on building innovative solutions that address clients’ most complex digital transformation needs.
About the Position
Online applications are invited from young legal professionals for the job post of Legal Counsel – US Disputes & Litigation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to dispute and pre-dispute demand letters
- Counsel business and stakeholders on legal dispute best-practices
- Analyze case files, contracts, and documentary evidence, and carry out litigation strategy
- Conducting interviews, gathering documents and electronic records
- Coordinate and schedule depositions, hearings, trials, conferences, and meetings
- Summarize calls, set action items, follow through to closure
- Verify information, locate evidence and exhibits
- Manage budgets, billing, and invoices
- Negotiate rates and contracts for legal services vendors
- Maintain a case management database
- Obtain copies of company and court documents
- Assist in all facets of litigation, including pre-disputes, fact investigation, drafting legal responses, responding to subpoenas and other discovery requests, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements
- Perform legal work in-house whenever possible
- Interact with outside counsel, including, budgets and invoices, comply with outside counsel guidelines, and work on product
- Draft succinct, practical legal advice
- Identify, review, analyze, manage and resolve pre-disputes
- Implement, and enforce company policies on eDiscovery
- Law graduate
- The ideal candidate will be a law graduate with 3-4 years of experience
- At least one year of Dispute experience.
- At least one-year in-house at an IT services company.
- US law or Canadian law experience is a bonus.
- LLM from the US or Canada is a bonus.
- Very strong people skills
- Able to work independently
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent English writing
- Oral communication skills