TDSAT is inviting applications for its Internship Programme from law students having an interest in the field of Cyber Crime, IT Act, Technology Laws etc.
In order to bring in functional clarity and strengthen the regulatory framework and the disputes settlement mechanism in the telecommunication sector, the TRAI Act of 1997 was amended in the year 2000 and TDSAT was set up to adjudicate disputes and dispose of appeals with a view to protect the interests of service providers and consumers of the telecom sector and to promote and ensure orderly growth of the telecom sector.
The Tribunal exercises jurisdiction over Telecom, Broadcasting, IT and Airport tariff matters under the TRAI Act, 1997 (as amended), the Information Technology Act, 2008 and the Airport Economic Regulatory Authority of India Act, 2008.
The Tribunal exercises original as well as appellate jurisdiction in regard to Telecom, Broadcasting and Airport tariff matters. In regard to Cyber matters, the Tribunal exercises only the appellate jurisdiction.
About the Opportunity
TDSAT is accepting applications from law students for its Internship Programme. It will provide first-hand, practical experience of the role and functions performed by a leading tribunal.
At TDSAT, you will be required to assist the Members and the Hon’ble Chairperson of the TDSAT in day to day functioning of the tribunal.
Duration and Mode of Internship
The duration of the internship would be 4 weeks which may be extended on the basis of the performance and proficiency of the Intern. The interns will be required to physically remain present during the tenure of their internship.
- 3rd year of study (or higher) of a 5-year law programme
- 1st year of study (or higher) of a 3-year law programme
- Law student pursuing LLM/PhD
Preference will be given to students showing keen interest in or having knowledge and understanding of Cyber Crime, IT Act, Technology Laws etc.
How to Apply?
Documents required as a part of the Internship Application:
- A short CV (1 pager)
- A cover letter/statement of interest describing your objectives and motivation in
applying for an internship with TDSAT.
Interested students may send the aforementioned documents at email@example.com.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, the intern will be eligible for a certificate from the TDSAT provided they adhere to the guidelines and have regular attendance.
- There shall be no stipend for the internship period.
- The interns shall not be eligible for any TA/DA allowance.