The British High Commission is offering an internship in Intellectual Property at its office in New Delhi and seeking applications from eligible candidates for the same.
About the Internship
The British High Commission is looking to engage an intern at its office in New Delhi and is making a call for applications for the same.
Category & Sub-Category
- Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
- Subcategory: Intellectual Property Office
Roles & Responsibilities
Provide support for the Senior Intellectual Property Attache by;
- Shadowing the IP attache to understand their role.
- Responding to enquiries signposting available support for UK businesses on IP in India.
- Preparing notes and reports on meetings and projects and conducting administrative tasks supporting the IP attache.
- Supporting the activities of the Trade Policy Team at BHC Delhi.
Objectives of the Internship
At the end of the Internship the post holder will;
- Understand the importance of providing IP support for UK businesses trading, or wishing to trade in India.
- Understand the cross-government work of the UK in delivering business support (FCDO / DIT / BEIS).
- Understand the work across government, industry, and academia carried out by the IP attache.
- Prepare notes, minutes, and documents in support of the above.
- Be able to confidently explain the ambitions of the UK government, the IPO of the UK, and the Trade Policy Team BHC Delhi.
- Have a working knowledge of the UK trade teams based across India.
- Essential Qualification: Qualified to degree level (at least Bachelor’s) in law.
- Desirable Qualification: Postgraduate research experience in intellectual property required behaviors.
- Desirable Skills: Seeing the Big Picture, Managing a Quality Service, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together.
- Language: The ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing is essential
- Level of language required: High level of understanding and knowledge.
This is an internship for 3 months.
Number of Vacancies
Working Hours (per week)
INR 28,710 per month
How to Apply
- Apply at the link given at the end of this post.
- Complete the Online Application Form.
- Complete the Experience, Behaviour and Technical/ Professional skills-based questions segment in the Online Application Form.
- Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
South Asia & Afghanistan Country/Territory, India
August 16, 2022
July 18, 2022 (latest by 23:55 hours IST).
Please reach out to SAAD.Recruit@fco.gov.uk if you have any further questions.