Tata Communications is inviting applications for the post of Assistant Manager Legal to be based at either Mumbai, New Delhi or Bangalore office.
About the Company
Tata Communications Limited is an Indian telecommunication company enabling network transformation. It was previously a government owned-telecommunications service provider and under the ownership of Department of Telecommunications. Presently the company is a part of the Tata group.
Tata’s communications network spans more than 500,000 kilometres of sub-sea fibre and more than 210,000 kilometres of terrestrial fibre.
About the Job Opportunity
Tata Communications is inviting applications for the post of Manager Legal from eligible candidates to be based at either Mumbai, New Delhi or Bangalore office. The candidate shall be reporting to the Vice President.
- As a Manager in the in-house legal team of Tata Communications Limited (TC)
- The role will be working in partnership with the Corporate Strategy as well as Treasury and Finance teams to structure, finalise, implement strategic acquisitions, divestments, debt funding rounds for TC and its subsidiaries in India and abroad and its joint ventures / M&A transactions in Europe, Americas, APAC and in India.
- In the present role in a law firm, the candidate should ideally be a part of Banking & Financing and Bankruptcy practice wherein s/he has been involved in advising Banks as well as FIs including NBFCs, ARCs on insolvency, bankruptcy laws in India, banking advisory and other forms of corporate lending / debt investments.
- The candidate should have good experience in drafting and reviewing M&A transaction documents which includes SPA, SHA, Implementation Agreement etc. and should be well versed with the legal nuances of such transactions including company law issues.
- The role will provide legal and commercial expertise predominantly on re-organisations and joint venture arrangements, on M&A transactions, as well as corporate advisory work, mostly in telecommunications and technology sector.
- The role would require, as and when needed, working as part of cross-border and interdisciplinary teams to advise on corporate finance, banking and M&A activities.
- The candidate shall be assisting in reviewing investment documents, reviewing on working capital, debt structuring, hypothecation, loan documents, diligence reports, conditions precedents and closing related actions, drafting/reviewing term sheets, NDAs, internal memos, and related documents.
- The candidate shall be coordinating with external counsels and internal teams on the key issues flagged in due diligence on prospective assets acquisitions and investments.
- The role will be developing relationships with external law firms.
- The candidate shall be required to prepare internal notes and memos for various purposes including for reporting to the senior management and the Board.
- The candidate will have a good background in banking, financing, treasury, corporate work, preferably gained at a premier tier 1 law firm.
- The candidate will require to demonstrate excellent document drafting and reviewing skills.
- The candidate should demonstrate strong communication and analytical skills along with a high level of commercial awareness.
- The candidate will need to demonstrate that he/she can thrive in a team with high professional standards and a business-friendly commercial approach.
- The candidate should have had strong exposure of collaborating multi-disciplinary teams.
- TC expects the candidate to operate in the Company’s collaborative and supportive working environment where he/she is successfully able to thrive in a team-based culture.
- Law graduate from a premier law college in India / overseas with at least 5 years (to up to 8 years) of relevant work experience.
- The candidate shall have good academic history and proven first rate legal skills.
- The candidate shall be expected to have hands-on approach towards work. This is a single contributor role.
- Has worked in premier tier 1 law firm and has handled complex domestic and international deals / transactions.
- Has good understanding of Banking laws, Insolvency/Bankruptcy laws, Corporate laws (Companies Act), foreign exchange laws, data protection laws, anti-trust laws and other allied laws.
- Working knowledge and understanding of telecom & IT Services sector shall be added advantage.
Skills and Ability for the Role
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills on legal propositions.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple transactions and persons while using sound judgment, initiative, discretion, and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work on and meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team, in a culturally diverse, changing, and challenging environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information and handle work with utmost integrity.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can fill up the online application and read the detailed notification from here.
- Interested candidates should apply for the job opportunity at the earliest.