Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID) invites applications for the recruitment for the job position of Assistant Officer Trainee (Law) through CLAT 2022.
About the Recruiter
POWERGRID, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Maharatna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision, and control over complete Inter-State Transmission System.
POWERGRID operates around 168,140 circuit km of transmission lines along with 252 Sub-stations (as of 31.01.2021) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 66,922 km of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 714 locations and intra-city network in 206 cities across India.
About the Trainee (Law) Job Recruitment
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking to recruit bright, committed, and energetic Law graduates for the job role of Assistant Officer Trainee (Law) through CLAT 2022.
Number of Vacancies
- POWER GRID: 08 (Eight)
Please Note: See the official notification for a detailed breakdown of the vacancies.
Full-time 3-year LLB or 5-year integrated Law course with not less than 60% marks or equivalent CGPA as per the formula provided by the Institute/ University.
Final Year / Semester students of academic session 2021-22, who expect their results by August 31, 2022 may also be considered eligible, provided they obtain minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/ years up to pre-final examination while applying.
28 years as on June 18, 2021
Rs. 40,000 during the training period
On successful completion of training and upon regularization, the candidate will be absorbed as Officer (Law) in E2 scale: Rs. 50,000/-
Interested & eligible candidates will have to appear for Common Law Admission Test – CLAT 2022 applicable for admission to Post-Graduation Courses. Candidates obtaining the minimum qualifying marks shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection.
The minimum marks required in CLAT-2022 (for admission to LLM/ PG Courses) shall be as per the Qualifying Marks set by CLAT Authorities. In absence of any Qualifying Marks set by CLAT, the following shall be treated as the Minimum.
Qualifying Marks in CLAT for consideration of candidates for next stages of selection process in POWERGRID:
- UR Vacancy: 40%
- Reserved Vacancy: 30%
The selection process will include the marks obtained by the eligible candidates in the CLAT 2022, followed by Behavioral Assessment, Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the qualified candidates who are shortlisted category wise for the GD and interview.
Candidates shall have the option for appearing in the Group Discussion / Personal Interview in Hindi or English.
Short listing of Eligible candidates for GD & Interview
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their actual marks in the CLAT 2022 for admission into LLM/ PG courses.
Qualifying Marks in GD & Interview
GD will not have any qualifying marks. Interview will have qualifying marks for different categories as mentioned below.
- Unreserved: 40%
- Reserved: 30%
Weightage to different parameters
For calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages assigned to CLAT 2022 marks, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
- Marks in CLAT 2022 (applicable for admission to LLM/ PG): 85%
- Group Discussion: 03%
- Personal Interview: 12%
Empanelment of Candidates: Candidates who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment.
How to Apply for the Associate Officer Trainee (Law) Recruitment?
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for CLAT 2022 (applicable for admission to PG/ LLM Courses).
- Online Registration for CLAT 2022 shall close on May 9, 2022.
- For details on CLAT 2022, please visit the Consortium of NLUs.
- Application window for POWERGRID shall open from May 27, 2022 to June 18, 2022.
Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their CLAT 2022 Application No., CLAT 2022 Control Number, CLAT Roll Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER>Job Opportunities section of http://www.powergrid.in.
- SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. Candidates are required to login to their candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only.
- Candidates will be required to retain their CLAT 2022 Admit card/Hall Ticket for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview are likely to be conducted in the months of July/ August 2022.
- Login Link (Will open from May 27, 2022) Click here for the application portal.
CLAT 2022 Online Application
- Closing date for submission of online application: May 9th, 2022
- CLAT Examination Date: June 19, 2022
- Commencement of Online Submission of Application: May 27th, 2022
- Last date for Online Submission of Application: June 18th, 2022
For any queries regarding this recruitment please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“AOT (Law) – __” in the subject line.
Candidates are required to add this email-id to their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap.