HSTP or Health Systems Transformation Platform (HSTP) is inviting applications for a paid internship in health systems governance, to work in Delhi.
Health Systems Transformation Platform (HSTP) is a not-for-profit organization based in New Delhi, India. Its mission is to enable policymakers and researchers in the Indian health systems to generate and utilise evidence for improving health outcomes and financial protection.
HSTP works in collaboration with Indian and global expertise through enhancing stakeholders’ capabilities for health systems redesigning, validating interventions, and fostering policy dialogues. HSTP’s strategic focus areas are health insurance, health service delivery-primary healthcare, health policy and systems research, and health systems governance.
About the HSTP Internship 2022
HSTP has an opening for the position of an intern based out of New Delhi. This internship request is for bright, enthusiastic, and hardworking interns to join and support the Health Systems Governance team at HSTP to familiarise and provide a general understanding in the area of health systems governance, regulations, acts, rules, notifications, orders, guidelines and court judgements.
Regulatory strategies are necessary to facilitate access to care, protect the interests of patients and discourage irrational practices that lead to overuse and cost escalation, especially in times of pandemics.
As part of HSTP’s commitment to generating a body of work for strengthening regulation in the health sector, a study, ‘Regulation of Health Care Delivery in India – A Landscape Study’, was undertaken in 2021.
A compilation of various health legislations in India, international covenants and health committee reports has been undertaken.
For more information on the work of Health Systems Governance please check the website.
This internship request is for bright, enthusiastic and hardworking interns to join and support the Health Systems Governance team at HSTP for a period of 2 – 3 months in 2022.
Objectives and Terms of Reference
To familiarise and provide a general understanding in the area of health systems governance, regulations, acts, rules, notifications, orders, guidelines and court judgements.
Responsibilities of the Intern
The intern will perform a range of tasks, which can include a selection from the below but are not limited to these:
- Assist in the development of documents, reports, background papers, commissioning and collation of policy briefs.
- Assist in compilation of evidence on health regulations, which could include information on court judgements and orders, and state government orders on different aspects of health care delivery.
- Conduct legal research and assist in drafting health legislation.
- Support the review and update content of relevant web pages on the HSTP website. • Support in organising events on issues concerning health regulations in India. • Support in developing communication material to increase people’s awareness of patients’ rights and laws.
- Any other tasks as directed by HSG specialist.
- Students pursuing post-graduate studies in Public Health, Health Administration, Public Policy or related Social Science subjects from recognized Institutions/Colleges/Law Schools/Universities in India or abroad are eligible for the internship.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Should have a good understanding of health systems issues.
- Should have the ability to produce results within deadlines and work well under pressure, be flexible and independent, and possess problem-solving skills.
Duration of the Internship
Minimum: 2 months
Maximum: 3 months
It may also depend on matching the individual’s or the institution/university’s preference and HSG’s areas of work and need.
Stipend of Rs. 25,000 (rupees twenty-five thousand only) per month during the period of the internship.
Work-related travel reimbursements will be made as per HSTP travel policy.
A certificate regarding the successful completion of the internship shall be issued by HSTP.
The internship may be discontinued at any time without payment of any stipend if the performance of the intern is not found satisfactory or the intern is absent without the authorization of the mentor.
How to Apply?
- Application for the internship is to be made by the candidate in the given format (Annexure given in the official information document).
- The candidate should include the
- latest CV,
- a statement of interest of about 200 words broadly covering a brief introduction of the area of work, topic
- proof of enrolment, or completion of the degree course.
- The internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application needs to be made one month in advance before the month in which the internship is desired.
- Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for internship in Health Systems Governance”.
The location of the internship will be the HSTP office, New Delhi with travel to work sites depending on the terms of reference.
However, in specific cases, interns may be posted in the district/state at the research site as per specific ToR.