Hogan Lovells, UK has curated a free and self-paced Law Virtual programme that is open to everyone but aimed at law students at school or in their first year of university.
About Hogan Lovells
Hogan Lovells is an American-British law firm co-headquartered in London and Washington, D.C. Hogan Lovells was formed in 2010 by the merger of the American law firm Hogan & Hartson and the British law firm Lovells.
About the Law Virtual Experience Program
- Hogan Lovells introduces its very first virtual work experience programme that provides both an insight into working at a commercial law firm, how they work with their clients, and the work you would do as an in-house lawyer.
- ou will gain both technical and soft skills which are essential to a career in commercial law as well as a deeper understanding of two key practice areas: Energy and Infrastructure (E&I), and Intellectual Property, Media and Technology (IPMT).
- E&I tasks include pitching to a hypothetical multinational client, reviewing a draft loan agreement, and executing a document.
- For IPMT tasks, Hogan Lovells is partnering with and showcasing a real client, Vodafone.
- In a hypothetical scenario, students will advise Vodafone on potential grounds for making a trademark infringement claim and explain trademark registrations to Vodafone’s in-house counsel.
Tasks during the Program
- Pitch to a multinational energy client
- Review a draft Loan Agreement
- Executing a document
- Advise Vodafone on a potential IP infringement
- Explain trademark registrations to your client
Who can register?
- Law students
- Legal enthusiast
- Legal Professionals
How to Register?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
Perks and Benefits
- Upon completion, you’ll be entered into an exclusive pool where Hogan Lovells will reach out with opportunities for in-person positions, networking events, mentoring programs and stacks more
- When you complete the First Steps to Law Virtual Experience Programme, you’ll earn a personalised completion certificate to share with prospective employers and your professional network.