Heart It Out, a mental health initiative, invites law students’ applications for a virtual legal internship opportunity.
About Heart it Out
Heart It Out is a mental health and well-being tech startup that envisions mental health to be accessible to 1.5 billion people by 2030.
Their team, composed of experienced psychologists, decision scientists, and designers, specialises in bridging the affordability gap of mental health issues, personal growth, Interpersonal and Productivity concerns, and offers services such as Relationship, Career, and Family Counselling.
About the Legal Internship Opportunity
To help fulfil the mission of making mental healthcare accessible to 1.5 billion people across India, the organization is looking for a Legal Intern to strengthen their ability to impact lives.
Responsibilities of the Intern
As a legal intern, you will be working closely with Heart It Out’s legal counsel. You will be assigned specific research, drafting, and problem-solving tasks.
Also, as part of the company’s legal function, you will be interacting with the co-founders and other people at Heart It Out to identify the areas where they need legal assistance.
The above description only indicates the wide range of legal solutions you will get to work on.
- Reviewing and drafting commercial contracts, memoranda of understanding
- Legal research and writing around mental health laws and laws that affect mental health
- Vetting and improving employment contracts
- Working on intellectual property-related substantive, procedural, and administrative laws
- Finding cost and time-efficient strategies to resolve potential and ongoing disputes
- Identifying any areas of concern and presenting them to the legal counsel/co-founders, along with the proposed solution
- Like taking the initiative, i.e., you are willing to try and identify things to work on without necessarily being asked to do so
- Can break down complex problems into simpler constituent parts
If you want to operate in a healthy environment, solve some of the most important problems and contribute to an organisation that people love, Heart It Out might just be the place for you.
- Should be pursuing, or have completed, a full-time bachelor’s degree in law
- Experience with employment laws, contracts, negotiation
- Knowledge of spoken and written English
- Minimum uninterrupted availability should be 3 months / 90 day
- Can follow instructions and yet also work without being micromanaged
Nature of the Internship
- Mode of Internship: At present, this position is being offered virtually.
- Workdays: 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), 9 hours a day (including lunch break, etc.).
- Work timings (tentative): 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
How to Apply?
Click on the link given below and read the internship description carefully.
Scroll down to find the online application form provided for the legal internship opportunity.