Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India is looking for engaging talented Young Professionals- Legal (YPs) from disciplines of Integrated Law Graduates / LLB, B. from prestigious academic and professional institutes across the country.
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) is a ministry of Government of India concerned with coverage and quality aspects of statistics released. The surveys conducted by the Ministry are based on scientific sampling methods.
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) came into existence as an Independent Ministry on 15 October 1999 after the merger of the Department of Statistics and the Department of Programme Implementation.
About the Job
Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Government of India, is looking for engaging talented Young Professionals (YPs) from disciplines of Integrated Law Graduates / LLB, B. from prestigious academic and professional institutes across the country, who have passion to perform statistical activities, statistical functions and data analytics along with knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) applications.
The Young Professional (Legal) is being fired for Administration Division and Field Operations Divisions (FOD)
Number of Positions
03 (The number of Young Professionals to be hired is indicative and can vary.)
Place of Posting
- 02 Positions in MoSPI Offices in Delhi
- 01 Position in MoSPI Offices in Kolkata
Integrated Law Graduates / LLB from a recognized university / institute
- At least three years’ Experience of working in handling legal issues
- Knowledge of drafting legal petitions/replies
- Conversant with procedure to be followed in filing cases and follow up in Central
- Administrative Tribunal, High Courts and Supreme Court of India
- Well versed with CCS, IPC, CRPC, CPC, RTI rules.
- Preference will be given to candidates having experience in working with Government
Brief Job Description
- Handling matters related to Court notices / Summons / Petitions etc.
- Preparing response to court notices/ summons/ petitions in consultation with the concerned Divisions
- Preparing draft affidavit and other inputs in consultation with Sections /Divisions concerned and Central Govt. Standing Counsels / Law Officers.
- Coordination with Central Govt. Standing Counsels to keep abreast of ongoing and current court cases
- Maintain status report of all ongoing and current court cases and track of the dates of next hearing etc. to suitably alerts the officers concerned.
- Handle matters related to payment of professional fees to Central Govt. Standing Counsels / Law Officers as admissible.
- To undertakes all other activities for handling court cases / matters
- Any other work within the scope of engagement.
Candidates applying for Young Professionals should be below 35 years of age as on 01-07-2022.
Monthly consolidated remuneration for YPs is INR 60,000
Duration of Appointment
YPs will be appointed purely on contractual basis for an initial period of one year which can be extended further for a maximum period of three years, one year in one stretch by the competent authority, depending on the performance and need of the concerned Division/Department.
Nature of Appointment
The appointment of YPs will be temporary in nature and either party may terminate contract by giving one month’s notice without assigning any reason for it.
Last date of submitting applications is May 17, 2022 (Tuesday) till 6 PM
Delhi & Kolkata