Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is inviting applications for the job recruitment of Assistant District Attorney to fill 119 vacancies of the said post, in the Dept of Home Affairs and Justice, Punjab.
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments of the
Government as per the requisitions sent by the Government in this regard from time to time.
About the Opportunity
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) invites Online Application Forms from eligible candidates for recruitment to 119 posts of Assistant District Attorney in the Department of Home Affairs and Justice, Govt. of Punjab.
Number of Vacancies
119 (Please refer to the user manual for detailed breakdown of vacancies)
Eligibility Criteria (Educational Background, Skills and Abilities Required, etc)
- Persons who possess a degree of Bachelor of Law (Professional Degree) of a recognized university or institution or who are Barristers of England or Ireland or are members of Faculty of Advocates of Scotland AND are eligible for being enrolled as an Advocate under Advocates Act, 1961, and who have two years experience of practice at the Bar
- Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent Standard.
Provided further that where a ward of Defence Service Personnel, who is a bonafide resident of Punjab State, is appointed by direct appointment, he shall have to pass an examination of Punjabi Language equivalent to Matriculation Standard or he shall have to qualify a test conducted by the Language Wing of the Department of Education of Punjab Government within a period of two years from the date of his appointment.
Provided further that where a War Hero, who has been discharged from defence services or paramilitary forces on account of disability suffered by him and his widow or dependent member of his family, is appointed under the instructions issued in this behalf by the Government, the person so appointed will not be required to possess aforesaid knowledge of Punjabi language:
Age: Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 37 years of age as on January 01, 2022
Initial Pay: Rs. 35,400/-
How to Apply?
The candidates can ONLY apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission. No other mode of application will be accepted.
The candidates are NOT REQUIRED to send the hard copy of the Online Application Form to the Office of
Punjab Public Service Commission.
However, the candidates are advised/ directed to take copy in soft form/print out of the Application Form at the time of applying, otherwise he/she will not be able to take out the copy at a later stage.
He/she must retain the hard/soft copy of online application form along with all eligibility documents ready to be sent at a short notice to PPSC, whenever required by PPSC.
Click here for detailed application guidelines.
- To make new registration for applying for the post (Step-1): May 20, 2022 By 11:59:00 PM
- To deposit the Application and Examination Fees by system generated Bank Challan Form (Step-2): May 30, 2022 [During Banking Hours]
Through a Written Competitive Examination of 120 questions with a total of 480 marks.
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours
- Pattern of Exam Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Syllabus: Given syllabus from the Subject and from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability and General Knowledge (Annexure-VII of the User Manual)
- Mode of Exam: The examination is a pen & paper-based, to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using ball point pen