Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy invites applications for the job role of Legal Research and Content Manager for Nyaaya, its open-access, digital resource, in Bangalore.
Nyaya is an open-access, digital resource that provides simple, actionable, recallable, and authoritative legal information to Indian citizens. The goal is to enable access to information about the law in multiple Indian languages so that access to justice is not limited to a privileged minority.
Description of position
Nyaaya is looking for a Legal Research and Content Manager for its Content team to work out of its Bangalore office.
The team is looking for someone passionate about changing how citizens interact with the law.
Your primary task will be to manage projects to ensure fast-paced content development while ensuring the quality and accuracy of the final content.
You will be responsible for:
- Ownership of Nyaaya’s Hindi content creation and dissemination across various platforms, including the Nyaaya website and social media channels.
- Creating audio and video content in English and Hindi with actionable content.
- Generating a quarterly content plan based on prioritization of content products and outreach initiatives for English and Hindi content. This will involve extensive research on each of the topics and issues identified, undertaking a comprehensive literature review, and case law research on decisions of the Supreme Court of India and Indian High Courts, Subordinate Courts, and Tribunals.
- Working with researchers, interns, and volunteers to conceptualize and oversee the creation of content.
- Working with partner organizations to build and share content. Ability to lead discussions with grassroots organizations and build networks for Nyaaya.
- Monitoring and managing the Ask Nyaaya Legal Helpline.
- Backend WordPress content management work with the support of the technical team.
- A minimum of a graduate degree in law and 3+ years of work experience.
- Fluency (particularly, in writing) in English and Hindi is mandatory for this role.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and manage end-to-end execution.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- A demonstrable interest in new legal ventures, particularly with respect to citizen engagement.
- Previous experience with web technologies and audio/video/design softwares will be considered a plus.
Perks of Working with Nyaaya
- A small dynamic team where equal importance is given to different functions across tech, content, design, and marketing.
- Working with grassroots organizations to scale impact and be a part of the change to enable citizens to access services and understand their rights.
- A non-hierarchical work environment and opportunities to ideate solutions and execute them.
- Make a positive impact in transforming the relationship between the law and people interacting with it.
Location and Remuneration
- This is a full-time position based out of Bangalore. Remote working arrangements can be agreed to if you can make your case well enough.
- Remuneration: Rs. 8 – 11 lakhs per annum depending on experience and relevant qualifications.
How to Apply for the Job?
Interested candidates should apply through our online portal and must submit the following documents merged into one document:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
- 2 original writing samples of not more than 1000 words;
- A cover letter on why you want to work with Nyaaya and your thoughts on the work.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interactions with the shortlisted candidates may be video recorded.
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2022.
Queries may only be sent through email, titled ‘Content Manager_Name (Date)’, addressed to email@example.com
Click here for the official job description.