The Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the DIAC Internship Programme. DIAC is a unique effort of making ADR through arbitration a reality by achieving the twin objectives of speed with cost-effectiveness. DIAC will provide first-hand, practical experience of the role and functions performed by a leading arbitral institution. At DIAC, you will work with a dynamic, multicultural and professional team of arbitration lawyers on the administration of cases under the DIAC Rules.
Period and Duration of Internship
- The Internship will be for a maximum period of 4 weeks which can be extended to 8 weeks. However, with prior approval of the Coordinator of DIAC, the Internship may be for a shorter or longer duration.
- The applicant to indicate (as specifically as possible):- Period of availability and preferred dates
The applicant should be in his/her 3rd year of study (or higher) of a 5-year law program or in his/her 2nd year of study (or higher) of a 3-year law program or, Law student pursuing LLM/pursuing PhD.
Preference for the Delhi International Arbitration Centre internship will be given to students showing keen interest in or having knowledge and understanding of Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation.
Roles and Responsibilities
The intern will assist under the supervision of the Coordinator at DIAC.
The intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the Delhi International Arbitration Centre in the following tasks:-
- Reading, commenting on and drafting documents related to current arbitration cases.
- Doing research for the preparation of conferences, presentations and publications
- Assisting the team in its daily case-management tasks; reviewing, analysing and commenting on legal submissions.
- Research tasks for the preparation of conferences, presentations and publications.
- Other projects are based on the intern’s interests and background.
Internship Opportunity at DIAC is not remunerated.
Upon successful completion of the internship, the intern will be eligible for a certificate from DIAC provided they adhere to the guidelines and have regular attendance at DIAC
Applications for the Internship Opportunity at DIAC should be addressed in English only by email addressed to the Selection Committee at email@example.com.
Documents required as a part of the internship application:
- A short CV.
- A cover letter/statement of interest describing your objectives and motivation in applying for an internship with DIAC.
- Letter of Reference preferably from the University of the applicant.
The selected intern will be required to maintain the confidentiality of information they receive during the course of their internship. In the event of failure to adhere to the same, disciplinary action shall be initiated against him/her including termination of the internship programme. The intern shall also indemnify for any such loss caused due to a breach of confidentiality.