About ILS Law College
ILS Law College, or in its full name Indian Law Society’s Law College, is a government-aided law school in Pune, India. It was established in 1924 and offers courses that include three-year and five-year degrees. ILS is located on Law College Road, Pune. The college was aided by The Ford Foundation.
About the Competition
The ILS Law College Pune is organizing a National Legislative Drafting Competition, to be held online from April 4 to 7, 2022. The purpose of organizing the National Legislative Drafting competition is to encourage law students to get introduced to the skills of legislative drafting and also to emphasize upon them the significance of the subject.
A team shall be comprised of two members only.
A maximum of Sixteen (16) teams shall be allowed to participate in the competition, on the basis of a first-come-first-serve basis.
Students of III, IV & V year of 5-Year Integrated Law Degree Program & Students of II & III years of 3-Year LL. B Program and Students pursuing Post-Graduation in Law (LL.M) at the time of the competition are eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Winning Team: INR 8,000/- + Book on Legislative Drafting by T.K. Viswanathan
- First Runner-up team: INR 5,000/-
- Second Runner-up team: INR 4,000/-
- Members of the participating team shall be given certificates of participation
- Release of subject/theme/ topic for the drafting of Bill on the college website on March 9, 2022.
- Registration Opens on March 11, 2022, for the Competition.
- Registration Fees: Rs. 1,000/- per team (including GST).
- Last Date for Registration: March 27, 2022. (Please note, the registration will close on receiving registrations of sixteen teams which can be before 27th March 2022.)