Wipro values students who have a genuine passion for technology and a desire to work in a customer-centric environment. At Wipro, we know that the future of our success tomorrow lies in the investments that we are making in career paths for students from local US colleges and universities.
New employees joining the campus program will experience the next generation of career paths unfolding at Wipro in the US, supporting our customers, and giving back to local communities.
- Job Description for Wipro Virtual Internship
- As a software engineer (SE) you would get the opportunity to work with various business units aligned with various industry verticals. As an SE you would be responsible for:
- Understanding client requirements and preparing designs for translating the needs into deliverables
- Involvement in actual development, to complete the project to specifications within time schedule
- Constantly reviewing own work and removing bugs if any
- Ensuring adherence and compliance to all processes and quality parameters
- Maintaining and enhancing projects/software as per the client’s request
The qualifications for Wipro Virtual Internship:
- Bachelor level students majoring in engineering, computer science or STEM related fields are invited to apply
- Minimal of a 3.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale is preferred
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities
- A familiarity with computer science concepts and programming is helpful but not necessary
- An internship or relevant experience will be considered a plus
- Ability to travel 25-50%.
The role of an SE opens avenues to career paths across the Customer Interface Team (dedicated for business development and relationship management), Domain Consulting Stream (mainstream consulting work in domains of operation), Project Management Stream (involved in mainstream project execution) and Technical Stream (dedicated to work in the area of technology and architecture).
Required training will be remote or at a Wipro office location for a duration of up to 30-90 days maximum (which includes in classroom training and orientation with the Business Unit). Employees will be deployed to the Respective offices, clients, or delivery locations after completion of the training program.